FLEXITANK – FAQ
1. What sizes of flexitanks do Bulkliner supply?
We supply standard 16 KL to 24 KL capacity flexitanks.
2. What is the maximum loading capacity of your flexitank?
Maximum capacity is 24cbm.
3. Do you have different types of flexitanks?
Yes, we have 2 models of flexitanks:
- PREMIER Model with oxygen barrier, suitable for oxygen-sensitive products; ie. wine, flat beer, high-grade cooking oil, etc.
- ECON Model without oxygen barrier.
4. What is the highest temperature your flexitank can hold?
The LLDPE liner can take up to a maximum temperature of 82°C. However, for &nbps;safety consideration, Bulkliner recommends Safety Loading Temperature of 70°C and below. Should the prod
uct loading temperature fall between 60°C and 70°C, the laden flexitank must remain static for at least 8 hours after loading is completed.
5. What is the advantage of bottom loading / discharge?
- It is safer since the loaders do not go on top of the flexitank.
- It is more user-friendly and faster in loading and discharge.
6. What is the size of your valve?
It is a standard full port 3 inch cam lever ball valve.
7. What is the compatible connection to your flexi
tank standard full port 3 inch cam lever ball valve?
Hoses ending with 3 inch female cam lever fitting will connect to our valve.
8. What type of certifications do you have?
We only use US FDA certified food grade LLDPE resin. We are EC, KOSHER and HALAL certified, as well as Japan Food-Grade Certified.
9. Is your company accredited with ISO9000?
Yes our manufacturing unit is is ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001-2004 certified.
10. What is the percentage of residue in your flexitank?
Less than 0.5%.
11. Can your flexitank be re-used?
Our flexitank is a one-way disposable flexitank. Our insurance will not cover reuse.
12. Does your company take care of the disposal of the flexitanks?
Yes, but there is a fee charged in accordance with the area concerned.
13. Your competitor says that their flexitank is appr
oved by FDA and German BGA. Does MYF have simi
The facts are that the US FDA does not approve flexitanks.They do approve the material the flexitanks are made from,in this case-PE.
Yes, we use the same PE material approved by FDA,EC and BGA.
14. How long does it take to load the flexitank?
Normally not more than 45 minutes.
15. Do you have an insurance policy in case of leaks?
Yes, we are covered under the USD5 million product liability policy.
16. Can I load 16,000 liters in a 24,000 liter flexitank?
No. If it is not fully loaded, the movement from transportation cau
ses a wave action in the liquid inside the flexitank and it can cause a tsunami – like force from within the container. Under-loading will destroy any flexitank. The guidelines for loading used by the Conta
iner Owner Association (COA) is not more or less than 500 litres of the flexitank rated capacity.
17. What is the maximum pressure your flexitank can hold?
Our flexitank is a non – pressurized container and it will keep growing bigger and bigger. At about 4 psi, it will rupture.